Although some Galaxy S9 and S9+ owners may prefer the old camera app, the updated camera app in Android Pie update for Galaxy S9 and S9 does introduce some new features (ported from Galaxy Note 9 mainly).
This Galaxy S9 Android Pire update guide explains the new features of the updated camera app in Android Pie update for Galaxy S9 and S9+, and how to use the new camera app.
The new user interface of the updated camera app in Android Pie update for Galaxy S9 and S9+?
After you update Galaxy S9 or S9+ to Android Pie, you will first see the new app icon for the camera app.
Once you start the camera app (all the 6 methods to start camera app on Galaxy S9 and S9+ still work.), you may be surprised by the updated camera app in Android Pie update for Galaxy S9 and S9+.
- Camera modes are now placed on the bottom (above the shutter button) in the portrait orientation.
- Camera setting buttons (options for the camera mode being used) are now placed in the top (below the Bixby vision and AR Emoji).
- Bixby vision button is moved to the top of the screen.
- AR Emoji is not listed among camera modes. It is now placed on the top of the screen.
- Auto mode is renamed as Photo mode.
- The shutter button does not have the zoom function. You cannot drag the shutter button to zoom. You have a new way to zoom (read on).
- New scene optimizer button was added (read on).
- Buttons for camera selection (for Galaxy S9+ rear cameras), were updated. You can also use it to zoom in/out (read on).
- For supported camera modes, you can now change the aspect ratio of the photo (and photo size) without navigating to Galaxy s9 camera settings. In the screenshot below, the 4:3 button can be used to change the photo aspect ratio to 16:9 or 4:3 or 1:1 or full (18.5:9). In the original camera app, you can only switch between 18.5:9 and the one