Galaxy S9 themes allow you to customise many aspects of the UI in Galaxy S9 and S9+. It is no longer necessary to customise the colour scheme, wallpaper, icons or always-on display (AOD) screen individually.
You can find many excellent free Galaxy S9 themes in Samsung themes to meet your needs.
This Galaxy S9 guide explains everything you need to know about Galaxy S9 themes: What are they? How to get them? How to access them in Samsung themes? How to install and use them? How to manage or delete Galaxy S9 themes.
What are Galaxy S9 themes?
Galaxy S9 themes are “skins” for your Galaxy S9 and S9+.
You can use Galaxy S9 themes to customise the user interface of Galaxy S9 or S9+. The customisation usually includes:
- Colour scheme for the UI. The default white scheme in Galaxy S9 and S9 UI can be annoying when you are using the phone in darkness.
- Wallpapers for Galaxy S9 Home screen (including Galaxy S9 Apps screen), Galaxy S9 edge screen, and Galaxu S9 lock screen.
- App icon pack for pre-installed Samsung apps to replace the stock icon.
- Font, style and background settings for Settings, Phone, Messages, Internet, Contacts, Clock, My Files and a few (about 30 to 40) other Samsung system apps.
- Galaxy S9 always on display (AOD) themes.
Please note, Galaxy S9 themes work with the default launcher. If you are using a third-party launcher, Galaxy S9 themes unlikely will work as expected.
Besides, themes for other Galaxy phones (e.g., Galaxy S8/S8+) will NOT work on Galaxy S9/S9+.
Where to get Galaxy S9 themes?
As a security measure, you should get new themes for Galaxy S9 and S9+ ONLY from Samsung’s Theme store, which is embedded in Galaxy Apps.
You probably should never get any themes from other sources.
How to access Galaxy S9 themes?
You can access Galaxy S9 themes from Galaxy S9 Home screen edit mode.
In Galaxy S9 home screen, you can enter the edit mode by:
Once in the edit mode of the Galaxy S9 Home screen, as shown below, tap Themes to access Galaxy S9 themes.
In Galaxy S9 themes page, as shown in the screenshot above, tap Themes to enter themes tab.