Why is it important to know Galaxy S7 layout and Galaxy S7 edge layout?
When you get your new Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge, you may want to try the new and cool features as much as you can. You may forget to check Galaxy S7 layout or Galaxy S7 edge layout
This is nothing wrong.
But after initial testing, it is important to spend some time to familiarize yourself with the layout of Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge. This is extremely important if you are a new owner of a Samsung smartphone.
Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge are both designed elegantly with high build quality. The location of ports, buttons and components are arranged with careful consideration based on Samsung’s knowledge of smartphone usage habits of their customers.
Galaxy S7 layout and Galaxy S7 edge layout page will explain to you the functions of all buttons, ports and some components.
Please note, as explained in this post, the major difference between Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge is the screen size (5.1″ vs 5.5″), battery capacity (3000mAh vs 3600mAh) and the curved screen.
The difference in Galaxy S7 layout and Galaxy S7 edge layout is only on edge screen. All other parts in layout are similar.
Front view of Galaxy S7 layout and Galaxy S7 edge layout
The front view of Galaxy S7 layout and Galaxy S7 edge layout is shown below.
in the front of Galaxy S7, you can find
- LED indicator. When you charge your phone, the LED will turns red. When there are any notifications, the LED will flash in green.
- Proximity/light sensor. You should never block the proximity/light sensor if you use a screen protector. The light sensor provides info to the system to adjust brightness and other display settings. When you are in a call, and when you move the phone close to your ear, the proximity sensor can detect it and turns off the screen to avoid inadvertent touch.
- Front camera. It is NOT recommended to use screen protector for the camera. If the screen protector has no cutout for front camera, you probably should not buy it.
- Touch screen.
- Home key with fingerprint sensor. Tap home key (button) to wake up the screen if the screen is currently off. If you are using any apps, tapping home key once will bring you to the home screen. There are several other functions in this home button, e.g., Now on Tap.
- Recent key. This Recent key is for you to see a list of recently opened apps. You can also use it to launch multi-window in Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge.
- Back key. The behavior of back key is app dependent. In most apps, tapping back key will bring you to previous screen. But in other apps, it may exit the app.
- Edge screen (Galaxy S7 edge only). Edge screen is part of the touch screen, not a separate screen. There are some special features for this part of the screen.
In the bottom of Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge, you can find:
- Headset jack. The 3.5mm headset jack id for you to connect your headset. You can also use the port to connect an external speaker.
- Multipurpose jack (Micro USB port). You will need this port to connect to a charger, or to a PC. You can also use the multipurpose jack to connect accessories (e.g., USB OTG devices) for Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge. To charge Galaxy S7 battery (or Galaxy S7 edge battery) properly with wall charger, fast charger, wireless charger or fast wireless charger, please check this guide.
- Loud speaker.
In the right side of your Galaxy S7 layout, you can find:
- Power key. In addition to power on/off Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge, power button in Galaxy S7 and S7 edge are used to wake up the screen, lock the screen. Some apps may also use the power key.
- GPS antenna (inside). You should avoid holding this area when you are using GPS (location service).
In the top of the Galaxy S7 layout and Galaxy S7 edge layout, you can find:
- SIM card tray. There are two configurations for Galaxy S7 SIM card try. For single SIM version of Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge, you can put one SIM card and one SD card. For dual SIM version of Galaxy S7 and S7 edge, you can insert 2 SIM cards, or one SIM card plus one SD card. Please refer to Galaxy S7 SIM card guide page on how to install SIM card on Galaxy S7.
- Secondary microphone (see below). This mic is mainly used for noise cancelling.
There is no IR blaster in Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge.
Rear view of Galaxy S7 layout and Galaxy S7 edge layout
The rear view of Galaxy S7 layout and Galaxy S7 edge layout is shown below.
In the back of Galaxy S7 layout and Galaxy S7 edge layout, you can find:
- Rear camera (main camera).
- LED flash for main camera. Front camera does not have a LED flash. But Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 allow you to use screen to light up your face when using front camera.
- Heart rate sensor. It is next to the flash. You may use heart rate sensor to take selfie.
- Main antenna (inside). The main antenna is located near the bottom.
- Wireless charging coil (inside). Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge supports wireless charging and fast wireless charging.
- NFC antenna (inside). NFC does not consume your battery.
- MST antenna (inside). MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) is for Samsung Pay only.
In the left side of Galaxy S7 layout and Galaxy S7 edge layout, you can find the volume button (volume up and down).
How should I hold the Galaxy S7 layout and Galaxy S7 edge?
You can hold Galaxy S7 or S7 edge in the way you like.
Although there are no antennagate like problems in Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge, it is recommended not to cover the antenna area (as shown in Galaxy S7 layout and Galaxy S7 edge layout) with your hands or other objects. This may cause connectivity problems or drain the battery in Galaxy S7.
Do you have any questions on Galaxy S7 layout and Galaxy S7 edge layout? Do you know all buttons and components on the phone?
If you have any questions on Galaxy S7 layout and Galaxy S7 edge layout, please let us know in the comment box below.
The community will try to help you.
For other guides on using Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge, please check Galaxy S7 online manual page.
For detailed Galaxy S7 how-t0 guides, please check Galaxy S7 how-to guides page.