Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 does not have a stylus. You need get used to Galaxy S7 touchscreen gestures to control the phone.
The good news is Galaxy S7 touchscreen gestures are almost identical to those in other Android phones. So, it should not take much time to use Galaxy S7 touchscreen gestures if you used Android phones before.
Please note Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge accept the identical touchscreen gestures. In this page, we generalized them as Galaxy S7 touchscreen gestures.
The 8 Galaxy S7 touchscreen gestures
There are 8 Galaxy S7 touchscreen gestures for you to control Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge:
- Touch and hold
- Double tap
Galaxy S7 touchscreen gestures: Tap
You can tap or touch the touchscreen (in the corresponding region) with your finger as shown below, when you want to:
- type using the keyboard;
- select items such as application and settings icons;
- press buttons.
Galaxy S7 touchscreen gestures: Swipe
You can lightly drag your finger vertically or horizontally across the touchscreen as shown below. This Galaxy S7 touchscreen gesture is known as swipe or slide.
With this touchscreen gesture, you can:
- Swipe the lock screen to unlock Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge;
- Swipe the screen to scroll through Galaxy S7 Home screens;
- Swipe the screen to scroll through Galaxy S7 Apps screen;
- Swipe the screen to scroll through menu options;
- Swipe individual notification to dismiss it from Galaxy S7 notification panel.
Galaxy S7 touchscreen gestures: Touch and hold
Touch and hold items on the touchscreen for more than 2 seconds to activate them as shown below.
You may use this touch screen gesture:
- Touch and hold a widget on a Home screen to resize it.
- Touch and hold a field to display a pop-up menu of options.
- Touch and hold Home button to launch Now on tap.
Galaxy S7 touchscreen gestures: Drag
Touch and hold an item, and then move it to a new location on the screen. So, this touchscreen gesture as shown below requires 2 steps: tap and hold, then move.
While dragging, you should not release your finger until you have reached the target position in the touchscreen.
You may use this Galaxy S7 touch screen gesture:
- Drag an app in Galaxy S7 apps screen to add it to Galaxy S7 Home screen.
- Drag an app or a widget to place it in a new location on Galaxy S7 Home screen.
- Drag an app or a widget in Home screen to dustbin to remove it from home screen.
- Drag an app to the top of another app to create an app folder in home screen or apps screen.
Galaxy S7 touchscreen gestures: Double tap
You can double-tap on a webpage or image to zoom in.
To return, double-tap again as shown below.
On Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7, you can double tap Home button to launch camera app.
Galaxy S7 touchscreen gestures: Pinch and Spread
Pinch (move fingers inward) Galaxy S7 touchscreen using your thumb and forefinger to zoom out. This touchscreen gesture is accepted by more apps than double-tap.
Spread (move fingers outward) Galaxy S7 touchscreen to zoom in when viewing a picture or a Web page.
Galaxy S7 touchscreen gestures: Flick
Flicking the touchscreen is very similar to swiping, except that you need to swipe your finger in light, quick strokes.
In addition,this Galaxy S7 touchscreen gesture is always in a vertical direction, such as when flicking the contacts or message list. But nowadays, quick swiping in horizontal direction may also called flicking.
Can you use Galaxy S7 touchscreen gestures to control Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge?
If you have questions or encounter problems on using these 8 Galaxy S7 touchscreen gestures, please let us know your questions or problems in the comment box below.
The community will try to help you.
For other guides on using Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge, please check Galaxy S7 online manual page.
For detailed Galaxy S7 how-to guides, please check Galaxy S7 how-to guides page.