Update 1: Galaxy S8 clear view standing cover is now fully compatible with always-on display following the always-on display update on June 1, 2017. You can enable always-on display for the Galaxy S8 clear view cover.
Galaxy S8 clear view standing cover is an updated version of Samsung’s clear view cover series. In some regions it is also referred to as S View flip cover.
This Galaxy S8 accessories guide explains you the main features of Galaxy S8 clear view standing cover and how to use them. We also explain to you the advantages and disadvantages of Galaxy S8 clear view cover.
Although Galaxy S8 is used in the guide, Galaxy S8+ has an equal Galaxy S8+ clear view standing cover with identical features, but with different size.
When ordering a cover, you need to make it clear it is for Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+. They are not interchangeable due to different sizes of Galaxy S8 and S8+.
Main features of Galaxy S8 clear view standing cover
Galaxy S8 clear view standing cover is a flip cover, which covers both front screen and back panel (also glass) of Galaxy S8 or S8+.
The key features of Galaxy S8 clear view cover include:
- Front of Galaxy S8 clear view standing cover is translucent.
- You can view the time, battery life, notification counts, incoming calls and messages without opening your case.
- You can respond to incoming calls, alarms and events when the cover is closed.
- Built-in kickstand. You can easily watching videos when your hands are busy.
- You can use it as a spare mirror when screen is off (not serious, but not joking).
- Galaxy S8 clear view cover automatically recommends Galaxy S8 themes matching the color of the phone and