Galaxy S8 iris scanner allows you to unlock Galaxy S8 and S8+ by looking at the phone (with your irises).
You can also use Galaxy S8 iris scanner for secure folder, Samsung account, Samsung pay and Samsung pass.
This Galaxy S8 new features guide explains you the biometric data security in Galaxy S8 and S8+, how Galaxy S8 iris scanner works, how to set up iris scanner and use it in Galaxy S8 and S8+.
What is Galaxy S8 iris scanner?
But due to the recall, many Galaxy Note 7 owners even did not find time to try the nerdy feature. So, Galaxy S8 iris scanner is still a new feature for many owners..
You can use Galaxy S8 iris scanner for some tasks in Galaxy S8 and S8+. For example:
- Unlock Galaxy S8 and S8+. Because of the awkward location of fingerprint reader in Galaxy S8 and S8+, the usage of Galaxy S8 iris scanner will increase significantly.
- Unlock secure folder. Secure folder, which is based on Samsung KNOX, allows you to keep a secret copy of files and apps. You can unlock it with iris scanner.
- Authenticate for Samsung account.
- Authenticate for Samsung Pay.
- Authenticate for Samsung pass.
In Galaxy S8 layout and Galaxy S8+ layout, you can find the iris scanner camera next to the front facing camera.
There is also a LED for this camera in the left side next to the normal LED indicator. When Galaxy S8 iris scanner is scanning, the LED will turn red.
Are my irises data secured when using Galaxy S8 iris scanner?
Biometric data cannot not be reset!
If your password is stolen, you can … Read the rest