What can Galaxy S6 Gallery app can do?
Gallery app is an essential app in all Android devices. Galaxy S6 (and Galaxy S6 edge) is not an exception.
Galaxy S6 Gallery app organizes all photos, images and videos stored on your S6 or S6 edge. The features of Galaxy S6 Gallery app include:
- View photos and videos saved on Galaxy S6.
- Organize photos by creating albums, events, categories.
- Edit photos.
- Delete photos and videos.
- Share photos or video to other apps.
Please note, Galaxy S6 Gallery app does not have its own storage folder. The info of photos and videos on Galaxy S6 is provided to Gallery app through media scanner service on the phone.
This means the photos and videos are saved in the folders of corresponding apps. Galaxy S6 Gallery app does not make a copy of them.
How to access Galaxy S6 Gallery app
You can access Galaxy S6 Gallery app in different ways, for example:
- In Galaxy S6 apps screen, tap Gallery app icon
- In Galaxy S6 home screen, if you have added Gallery app to home screen, you can tap the Gallery app icon.
- In Galaxy S6 home screen, if you added the Gallery widget to home screen, you can tap the widget.
- In Galaxy S6 camera interface, tap the thumbnail.
Use Galaxy S6 Gallery app to view images and videos
By default, when Galaxy S6 Gallery app is started, you will get the default album (folder) view as shown below.
The CAMERA button is for you to switch to Galaxy S6 Camera app.
The MORE button is context sensitive. If you are in album view, the functions will be related to album, e.g., create an album. If you are in events view, you will have the option to create an event.
You can tap the Albums as shown below to switch to other views:
- Time. Your photos and videos will be organized based on date instead of folders.
- Events. You can organize photos by creating events.
- Categories. Galaxy S6 will automatically organize the photos and videos based on camera modes (e.g., video, burst mode….) used, and objects in the photo (e.g, people, food, scenery, documents…)
- Favorites. It will only show your favorite photos (you specified them explicitly).
Use Galaxy S6 Gallery app to delete photos and videos
Once you open a photo in Galaxy S6 Gallery app, the photo will be shown in full screen.
Tap the photo to get the options as shown below:
- Back to previous screen
- More options (details, slide show, set as contact picture, set as wallpaper).
- Add photo to favorites.
- Share the the photo.
- Edit photo.
- Delete photo.
If you cannot see these items, just tap anywhere on the photo.
To delete this photo, tap Delete icon (6) as shown above.
Use Galaxy S6 Gallery app to edit photos
Galaxy S6 Gallery app also offers some basic photo editing features.
To edit the photo, you need tap Edit button (5).
The available photo editing tools in gallery app include :
- Auto adjust
- Rotate the photo
- Crop the photo.
- Photo editor, including manual adjust, tone, effects, portrait, drawing
- Make collage.
For most Galaxy S6 owners, these tools are sufficient for daily use. If you need more tools to edit the photo, you may try some third-party professional photo editing apps.
Use Galaxy S6 Gallery app to edit photo details
Sometimes, you may want to remove some privacy info (e.g. location tags) in the photo before sharing them in public.
Galaxy S6 Gallery app allows you edit the details of the photo easily.
When viewing the photo, tap the MORE button (2 as shown in earlier screenshot) in top right to choose details. Then you can edit such info.
Please follow this guide on detailed steps to remove location tags from the photo.
Can you use Galaxy S6 Gallery app to manage and edit your photos on your Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 edge?
If you have any questions on how to use Galaxy S6 Gallery app to manage and edit your photos, or encounter any problems, please let us know in the comment box below.
The community will try to help you.
For other features of Galaxy S6, please check Galaxy S6 online manual page.
For detailed guides on how to use Samsung Galaxy S6, please check Galaxy S6 how-to guides page.
For detailed guides on how to use Galaxy S6 camera, please check Galaxy S6 camera guide page.