Please note, Samsung Galaxy S6 emergency mode is identical to emergency mode in Samsung Galaxy S6 edge. So, this guide applies to Galaxy S6 edge as well although in text only Galaxy S6 is used.
What’s Samsung Galaxy S6 emergency mode?
Samsung Galaxy S6 emergency mode is intended to:
- help your Galaxy S6 battery last longer in case you may have no access to a charger for extended period.
- send notice of your proximate location to emergency contacts you specified
Samsung Galaxy S6 emergency mode also makes it easy to quickly make emergent calls, sound alarms and turn on the flashlight torch.
The estimated battery life will also be displayed on the simplified home screen so that you can make better decision in case of emergency.
When Samsung Galaxy S6 emergency mode is activated, some limitations are imposed on the phone, for example:
- screen will turn into gray scale.
- screen brightness will be lower.
- WiFi and Bluetooth will be turned off.
- mobile data will be turned off when screen is locked.
- only essential apps are allowed.
- CPU speed very be throttled aggressively.
How to turn on Samsung Galaxy S6 emergency mode?
To turn on Samsung Galaxy S6 emergency mode, you can press and hold the Power button, and then tap Emergency mode as shown below.
How to configure Samsung Galaxy S6 emergency mode?
The home screen under Samsung Galaxy S6 emergency mode is shown below. It is different from the normal Galaxy S6 home screen.
By default, there are 5 apps on the home screen under Samsung Galaxy S6 emergency mode:
- Flashlight. Tap it to turn on flashlight torch.
- Emergency alarm. Tap it to sound alarms to get attention.
- Share my location. Tap it to send a message with your location info to emergency contacts you specified.
- Phone. Make phone calls.
In the bottom, it show the battery level, and estimated remaining usage time. This is just a rough estimation.
You can choose to add Maps or Facebook to the home screen by tapping the + icon as shown below. You are not allowed to add any other apps. Customization is not available.
In the top right of the home screen, you can find the MORE button (as shown above) to get more options.
Tap it to see the available options under Samsung Galaxy S6 emergence mode as shown below:
- Turn off Emergency mode.
- Remove. Tap to remove an app from home screen.
- Manage emergency contacts.
- Settings. Tap to change system settings under emergency mode.
Tap the Settings, you can find you can change a few system settings as shown below.
If you want to remove any apps from the emergency mode home screen, you can tap Remove as shown below.
Then in the emergency mode home screen, you can remove some apps.
As shown below, you cannot remove the Flashlight, emergency alarm, share my location and phone. This is to ensure the basic emergency functions are not removed accidentally.
How to exit Samsung Galaxy S6 emergency mode?
There are two ways to exit Samsung Galaxy S6 emergency mode:
- tap and hold power button, the in power button options, tap emergency mode to exit emergency mode, similar to turn on emergency mode shown above.
- tap MORE — turn off emergency mode as shown below.
Can you use Samsung Galaxy S6 emergency mode now?
Please leave a comment if you have any questions on using Samsung Galaxy S6 emergency mode, or using emergency mode in Galaxy S6 edge.
We will try to help you.
For other features of Galaxy S6, please check Galaxy S6 online manual page.
For detailed guides on how to use Samsung Galaxy S6, please check Galaxy S6 how-to guides page.