Like other Android phones, Galaxy S10 offers plenty of options for you to customize and tweak the phone to meet the needs and preferences of different owners.
This Galaxy S10 how-to guide shows you how to access and use the Galaxy S10 Settings. It also explains the main entries of the Galaxy S10 settings.
Why do you need to understand and use Galaxy S10 Settings?
When you get Galaxy S10 (S10, S10e, S1o+, or S10 5G), the phone should work immediately after you set up the phone, or migrate to Galaxy S10.
But you may want to change something. For example, you may want to change or customize the Galaxy S10 lock screen. Or you may want to try the new fingerprint scanner.
All these customizations for the phone can be accessed from Galaxy S10 Settings.
However, the options in Galaxy S10 settings are overwhelming. Samsung had to place them into different categories on several levels. The organization for the settings and options changes in each Android version.
So, some seasoned Galaxy phone users may also have problems to find the entry easily.
How to access Galaxy S10 Settings?
Galaxy S10 Settings are packed in the Settings app in Galaxy S10 phones.
You can access Galaxy S10 Settings in at least 5 different ways including:
- Tap the Settings app icon on the Home screen as shown below. If you cannot find the Settings app on Galaxy S10 Home screen, you can add it to the home screen from the Apps screen (app drawer).
- Tap Settings app icon on the Apps screen. You can always find the Settings app in Galaxy S10 Apps screen (app drawer). You cannot hide it.
- Tap Settings icon in Galaxy S10 notification panel or quick settings panel, as shown below.
- Use Google Assistant voice command. You can use voice command “OK Google, open Settings app” if you turned on Google Assistant voice commands.
- Use Bixby Voice command. You can also use Bixby voice command (if enabled) “Hi Bixby, open Settings app.”
All the 5 ways to start Galaxy S10 Settings will give you the identical result: being you to the settings page (read on ).
Galaxy S10 Settings explained
As shown in the screenshot below, Galaxy S10 settings are divided into 19 (3-21) different main functional groups.
Inside each group, there may be some sub-groups at several levels. So, it is hard to explain all entries of the settings.
Corresponding to the numbers in the screenshot above, let’s navigate through the first level functional group.
1. Search button for Galaxy S10 Settings
When you are not sure about where to find the settings, you can type a keyword to search the Galaxy S10 settings. All entries at different levels will be included in the search result.
If one or more entries found, you … Read the rest