The Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case is an innovative accessory that is compatible with the Galaxy S24, Galaxy S24+, and Galaxy S24 Ultra. This case features an interactive card that, when attached, automatically matches the lock screen of the phone, providing a unique and personalized experience.
This Galaxy S24 accessories guide explains how the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case works, its unique features, and how to attach and use the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case. A concise review of the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case and answers to the frequently asked questions about the case are also provided in the guide.
The Flipsuit Case for Galaxy S24 is available for Galaxy S24, Galaxy S24+, and Galaxy S24 Ultra. The only difference is the fitting. So, this guide applies to all these flipsuit cases.
Table of contents
- How does the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case work?
- Unique features of the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case
- How to use the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case to customize the Galaxy S24 lock screen?
- A concise review of Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case
- FAQs about the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case
- Q1: After I attached the case to Galaxy S24, the lock screen wallpaper did not change. Why?
- Q2: Can I use the matching wallpaper for the Home screen?
- Q3. Can I use the matching wallpaper if I lose the interactive card?
- Q4: Can I use the interactive card with other cases/covers?
- Q5. Does the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case affect wireless charging or wireless power sharing?
- Q6: Does the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case affect battery life?
- Q7: Does the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case affect contactless payment (e.g., Samsung Pay)?
- Do you have any questions about the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case?
How does the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case work?
Samsung introduced its first flipsuit case for Galaxy Z Flip 5 in 2023. With the case, you can match the cover screen (external display) of the Galaxy Z Flip 5 with the replaceable card (interactive card) in the case.
With the release of Galaxy S24, Samsung brought this novel accessory to the Galaxy S series. The Galaxy S24 does not have a cover screen like the Galaxy Z Flip 5, so the match is between the card and the lock screen.
Essentially, a Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case comprises two parts:
- A frame case.
- An interactive card.
The frame case is just a normal case. The magic comes from the interactive card, which is NFC-enabled.
Once the interactive card is detected, the phone will download and install the corresponding artwork (video). Then, the video (animation) will be automatically used as the wallpaper for the Galaxy S24 lock screen. Of course, you can disable it if you want.
So, the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case simply sets the lock screen wallpaper to match the interactive card detected.
Once you remove the card, you cannot use the wallpaper. It is annoying. But it is probably related to copyright considerations.
The artworks of the interactive cards are from various contemporary artists. The animation (video) apparently highlights the signature features of the artwork.
As you probably already figured out, the case is not important. That is true. If your Galaxy S24 case can hold the interactive card, you can use your own case and enjoy all flipsuit case features.
When you buy the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case, only one interactive card is included. You need to buy additional cards if you want to try different artworks.
Unique features of the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case
The Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case offers a highly effective way to enhance the user experience. Its unique design allows for seamless integration with the phone.
The unique features of the case are implemented through an NFC connection.
Compared to other official Galaxy S24 cases and covers, the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case offers three unique features.
- A frame cover with a removable back panel.
- A matching lock screen enabled by an interactive card.
- Swappable interactive cards by different artists.
A frame cover with a removable back panel
Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case comprises a frame cover and an interactive card, which also acts as the back panel. This converts the cover to a normal back cover.
The frame cover is nothing outstanding. Actually, many third-party accessories makers may offer better frame covers for Galaxy S24.
A matching lock screen enabled by an interactive card
As mentioned, the most innovative feature of the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case is the automatically set wallpaper on the lock screen. This lock screen wallpaper will match the interactive card you placed in the case.
You do not need to do anything. The phone will set it up automatically.
Swappable interactive cards by different artists
You can swap the card to get a new matching lock screen wallpaper.
Each interactive card features the artwork of an artist. The lock screen wallpaper (animation) highlights some signature features of the artwork.
How to use the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case to customize the Galaxy S24 lock screen?
Now, let's attach the case to the phone and then check how to use it to customize the lock screen.
Attach the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case to the phone
In the box of the flipsuit case, you should have one frame case and one interactive card,
If the interactive card is protected by a plastic film, it is necessary to remove the transfer paper from the card, as shown in the illustration below. It has been observed that in most regions, plastic film and transfer paper are not included with the card. Anyway, check the card and remove the transfer paper if it exists.
Once the protection film or transfer paper is removed, you can put the card into the frame case, as shown in the illustration above.
The interactive card should fit into the frame case perfectly. The back side of the frame case is extended a bit so that the card can be held as the back panel of the case.
Before attaching the case to the phone, you need to make sure:
- USB port is free. There should be no cable or other accessories attached.
- S Pen is secured in the S Pen slot (for Galaxy S24 Ultrta only), as shown in the picture below.
Although the frame case is made of hard plastics, it is flexible enough for you to bend it a bit to fit the phone in.
Once the right side is fully in the case, you can push the other sides of the phone into the case, as shown in the illustration above.
If you want to change the interactive card, you need to reverse this procedure to swap the card.
Enable/disable the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case
The Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case works automatically after you attach it to the phone.
After a few seconds, you can find the lock screen wallpaper is replaced with the new video matching the interactive card, as shown in the screenshot below.
If you swap the interactive card with Steven Wilson's bulldog one, the lock screen wallpaper immediately changes accordingly, as shown in the screenshot above.
So, by default, the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case should work out of the box. The matching lock screen wallpaper is downloaded, installed, and enabled automatically.
If you want to enable or disable the flipsuit case manually, you can go to Galaxy S24 Settings.
As shown in the screenshot below, you can tap Wallpaper and Style on the Galaxy S24 Settings page.
On the Wallpaper and Style page, as shown in the screenshot above, you can find the Flipsuit Case entry.
You can also preview the wallpaper corresponding to the interactive card in the case.
If you swap the interactive card, the thumbnail of the case and the wallpaper will be updated immediately, as shown in the screenshot below.
Please note that if you cannot find the Flipsuit Case entry after attaching the case to the phone, you very likely will not see the matching wallpaper. This means that the interactive card is not detected. You need to make sure NFC and contactless payments are enabled under Settings —Connections.
When you use the interactive card for the first time, you should get a notification about downloading the wallpaper, as shown in the screenshot above. The NFC icon is also shown when activating the interactive card. If you use the card again in the future, after swapping to other cards or switching to other cases, Galaxy S24 will simply enable the wallpaper without downloading again.
In the screenshots, you may notice the phone stopped charging even though the battery level is at 79%. This is due to the Battery Protection feature.
A concise review of Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case
Advantages of Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case
Compared to other Galaxy S24 cases, the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case has the following advantages:
- Add styles to Galaxy S24.
- Swappable interactive cards.
- Perfect fit.
- Moderate protection for the back of the Galaxy S24.
Disadvantages of the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case
The case also suffers from the following issues:
- Expensive. Samsung asks for $49.99 for the frame case with one interactive card. Additional interactive cards will cost you $14.99 each.
- The material used for the frame case is a bit too hard.
- Minimum protection for the screen. The left and right sides of the frame case are lower than the phone screen, although the top and bottom sides are raised to protect the screen. It is better to get a screen protector when using the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case.
- No protection for the camera lens on the back, like most other frame cases. After attaching the case, the camera lens still protrudes over the case. This is different from most back covers. The added interactive card offers some protection for the back panel of the phone only.
- No color options for the frame cover.
So, in a nutshell, the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case is a fun option. It is designed for owners who like to try something new and want to make the phone stand out. The protection offered is somewhere between a frame cover and a back cover.
FAQs about the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case
Q1: After I attached the case to Galaxy S24, the lock screen wallpaper did not change. Why?
A1: Very likely, the NFC on the phone failed to detect the interactive card.
You can try to attach the case again. You may also try to check Settings — Connections and make sure NFC is not turned off.
Besides, an active Internet connection is needed to download the animation (video) when you use the interactive card for the first time.
Q2: Can I use the matching wallpaper for the Home screen?
No, the matching wallpaper of the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case is for the lock screen only. Currently, there is no way to apply it to both the Home screen and Lock screen.
Q3. Can I use the matching wallpaper if I lose the interactive card?
No, you cannot use the matching wallpaper if the interactive card is not detected.
The interactive card is required to activate the wallpaper at all times.
As the wallpaper and artwork on the interactive card are licensed from a third party, you do not “own” a copy of the wallpaper. You only own the card.
Hopefully, Samsung can negotiate a better term to make the wallpaper (video) “purchased” content so that users can use it even if the interactive card is not detected.
Q4: Can I use the interactive card with other cases/covers?
Yes, you can use the interactive card with any cases or covers if you can fit the card in the back of the Galaxy S24.
The frame case included in the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case has no special features except for the slightly extended back to hold the card.
If your frame cover, back cover, or even flip cover can hold the card to the back of the phone, all Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Cover features should work.
However, you need to note:
- The interactive card must be detectable (by NFC) at all times.
- The added card may significantly decrease the protection provided by the case/cover.
Q5. Does the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case affect wireless charging or wireless power sharing?
However, Samsung did state that:
When the product is attached to your device, the Wireless power sharing feature and wireless charging may not work properly. It is recommended to remove the product before using these features.
Based on our experiments, both wireless charging and wireless power share work properly without removing the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case.
Q6: Does the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case affect battery life?
Normally, the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case does not drain the battery noticeably because the connection is purely through NFC. The power consumption for the case itself is negligible.
Using the video (animation) wallpaper may consume slightly more battery than using a picture. But overall, the battery drain is still negligible.
In short, it is unnecessary to worry about battery life when using the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case.
Q7: Does the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case affect contactless payment (e.g., Samsung Pay)?
No, contactless payment through NFC is not affected by the case. It is not necessary to remove the case when making such payments.
Do you have any questions about the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case?
Please let us know in the comment box if you need help with the Galaxy S24 Flipsuit Case.
The community will help you.
You can check other Galaxy S24 guides on this website:
- The Galaxy S24 New Features Guides section is an informative resource designed to aid users in understanding the new features and capabilities of the Galaxy S24, S24+, and S24 Ultra smartphones. These guides provide a detailed explanation of the cutting-edge features and highlight their practical applications. Additionally, the guides offer step-by-step instructions that enable users to make the most of these new features. Whether you are a casual user or a power user, the Galaxy S24 New Features Guide is an invaluable resource that will help you stay ahead of the curve in the fast-paced world of mobile technology.
- The Galaxy S24 How-to Guides offer an extensive range of guides that provide detailed guidance on how to use and personalize the Galaxy S24, S24+, and S24 Ultra devices. These comprehensive guides cover all aspects of using the Galaxy S24, S24+, and S24 Ultra, including hardware and software features, Android and One UI functionalities, and migration and sharing procedures. By referring to the Galaxy S24 How-to Guides, users can obtain a thorough understanding of the operation and customization of their Galaxy S24 devices.
- The Galaxy S24 Camera Guides section contains a comprehensive collection of how-to guides on how to effectively utilize the Galaxy S24 camera to take stunning photos and record flawless videos. Additionally, it covers the use of the photo editor on the Galaxy S24. For individuals looking to improve their photography and videography skills, this is an invaluable resource.
- The Galaxy S24 Accessories Guides section provides comprehensive guides on the use of various accessories that are designed to enhance functionality and safeguard the Galaxy S24, S24+, and S24 Ultra devices. These guides cover diverse topics, including the utilization of protective accessories and the expansion of the features and capabilities of the aforementioned devices. Additionally, this section delves into in-depth reviews of specific Galaxy S24 accessories.
- The Galaxy S24 User Manual section consists of the official Samsung Galaxy S24 user manual in PDF format. These user manuals were released by Samsung in various regions and have been compiled and organized according to the corresponding languages. It is presented in a comprehensive and structured manner, making it easier for users to access the information they need.
You can also reach us through:
Don't miss out on the latest updates, guides, tips, and tricks for the Samsung Galaxy S24 – sign up for our newsletter now!
Enjoy your Galaxy S24, S24+, or S24 Ultra.