Galaxy S24 hardware improvements, particularly the incorporation of on-device AI, signify a major milestone in mobile technology, with the potential to revolutionize how devices are used in various settings.
With improved processing power (and One UI 6.1), Galaxy S24, S24+, and S24 Ultra can seamlessly navigate various applications and deliver a smoother user experience. Additionally, Galaxy S24 hardware improvements have also resulted in improved camera capabilities, slightly faster charging times, and elevated power efficiency.
This Galaxy S24 new features guide explains the major Galaxy S24 hardware improvements, including the latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 CPU, up to 2600nits display, significantly larger vapor chamber, flat screen for all models, slightly bigger screen for Galzy S24 and S24+, titanium frame for Galaxy S24 Ultra, and Corning Gorilla Glass Armor for the Galaxy S24 Ultra's screen.
Table of contents
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 and Exynos 2400: the major Galaxy S24 hardware improvement
- Brightest display
- Larger vapor chamber
- Flat screen for all models
- Bigger screen for Galzy S24 and S24+
- QHD resolution for Galaxy S24+ screen
- Titanium frame for Galaxy S24 Ultra
- Corning Gorilla Glass Armor for the Galaxy S24 Ultra's screen
- New 50MP 5x telephoto camera on Galaxy S24 Ultra
- Any thoughts or comments on Galaxy S24 hardware improvements?
Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 and Exynos 2400: the major Galaxy S24 hardware improvement
The Galaxy S24 Ultra comes with the latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 Mobile Platform for Galaxy, which is currently the most powerful and advanced mobile processor available. The “for Galaxy” label indicates that the Galaxy S24 Ultra has received some special treatment, such as customization and improved performance, but specific details on these enhancements are not publicly disclosed.
Galaxy S24 and Galaxy S24+ are equipped with either the same chipset (In the US, Canada, China, and a few other markets) or Samsung's own Exynos 2400 chipset. Most benchmarks indicated the performance of the Exynos 2400 is on par with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3.
Both of these chipsets possess remarkable Neural Processing Units (NPUs), which provide significant enhancements to the efficiency of AI processing. As a result, they are capable of handling complex AI tasks with greater ease, speed, and accuracy, rendering them an excellent choice for applications that necessitate high-performance on-device AI processing capabilities. The latest flagship mobile CPU is essential for some of the new features of Galaxy S24.
The latest CPU is also more power efficient. For many users, it is safe to turn on Battery Protection to extend the battery life span.
The Samsung Galaxy S series has always been known for its exceptional display quality, and the Galaxy S24 is no exception to this tradition.
The screen on all Galaxy S24 models has been upgraded to provide the best viewing experience yet, with a peak brightness of 2600 nits, making it the brightest smartphone screen currently available in the market. This is one of the most welcomed Galaxy S24 hardware improvements for users who often use the phone outdoors.
To put this into perspective, last year's Galaxy S23 had a peak brightness of 1750 nits, which indicates a significant improvement in the new model. It's worth noting that the iPhone 15 Pro Max can achieve up to 2000 nits (outdoor), which is still lower than the Galaxy S24's peak brightness.
The Galaxy S24 and Galaxy S24+ now also support 1-120 Hz adaptive refresh rates, compared to the 48-120Hz refresh rate range in Galaxy S23 and S23+. For the Ultra mode, the Galaxy S23 Ultra had this feature already. Adaptive refresh rate, in simpler terms, means that the phone's display can seamlessly adjust its refresh rate based on the content being displayed. This not only leads to a smoother and more immersive viewing experience but also enhances the phone's overall performance efficiency.
Larger vapor chamber
Another Galaxy S24 hardware improvement is the heat dissipation system, which may significantly impact the performance when the load is high. Samsung Galaxy S24, S24+, and S24 Ultra boast significantly larger vapor chambers for heat dissipation than their predecessors. Specifically, the Galaxy S24 features a vapor chamber that is 1.5 times larger than that of the Galaxy S23, while the Galaxy S24+ has a 1.6 times larger vapor chamber than its predecessor, the Galaxy S23+. The Galaxy S24 Ultra, on the other hand, boasts a vapor chamber cooling system that is almost twice (1.9 times) the size of the Galaxy S23 Ultra, representing a considerable upgrade over the previous S23 series.
The larger vapor chamber systems of the Galaxy S24 series enable the devices to sustain peak processor performance for extended periods. Consequently, users are unlikely to experience any performance hiccups, stutters, frame drops, or overheating when running demanding workloads for extended durations. Even when playing multiple, consecutive, heavy-duty games, the Galaxy S24 should maintain its performance levels without encountering significant drops or overheating issues.
Flat screen for all models
Samsung has recently revised its design approach for the Galaxy S phones. The company has shifted from employing curved screens to using flat screens on their devices. This move comes after Samsung had been pushing the aesthetic appeal of the curved screen since the release of the Galaxy S6 Edge.
However, the curved screen design was not without its flaws. Many users found it inconvenient to use, particularly when using the S Pen. The stylus pen could not be used effectively on the curved surface, which impacted the user experience. Despite criticism from many users, Samsung did not initially acknowledge the issue.
In response to the market feedback, Samsung has taken steps to address the issue. Since the Galaxy S20 release, Samsung has reserved the curved screen for their Ultra models only.
At last, Samsung realized its stupidity in pushing hard for the useless curved screen. The Galaxy S24 series, with all three models, features a flat screen. The move to a flat screen is expected to improve the user experience and eliminate the issues associated with using a curved screen. The flat screen design is expected to be more comfortable and convenient for users, especially those who use the S Pen regularly. Some owners may not consider this to be one of the Galaxy S24 hardware improvements. But for S Pen users, this can be the most practical Galaxy S24 hardware improvements (updates).
Bigger screen for Galzy S24 and S24+
It's worth noting that the Galaxy S24 and S24+ have slightly larger touchscreens than their predecessors, the Galaxy S23 and S23+. Specifically, the screens are 0.1 inches larger in size. Interestingly, despite the increase in screen size, the Galaxy S24 and S24+ are actually slightly narrower than the S23 and S23+ models, thanks to the slimmer bezels. The weight is almost unchanged.
QHD resolution for Galaxy S24+ screen
The Galaxy S24+ smartphone has undergone significant enhancements to its screen. The device now boasts a QHD (1440p) display, a substantial upgrade from the FHD (1080p) screen on the Plus models since the Galaxy S20+.
This improvement results in a more immersive viewing experience, with sharper and more vibrant visuals.
Titanium frame for Galaxy S24 Ultra
The Galaxy S24 Ultra has recently joined the exclusive club of smartphones featuring a titanium frame. The iPhone 15 Pro Max was the first mainstream smartphone to introduce this feature (note, the nerdy Essential Phone is actually the first smartphone with a titanium frame), and the Galaxy S24 Ultra follows in its footsteps. It was also claimed to be one of the major Galaxy S24 hardware improvements in durability.
However, it is worth noting that the iPhone 15 Pro Max managed to reduce its weight by approximately 19 grams compared to its predecessor, the iPhone 14 Pro Max, thanks to the titanium frame. In contrast, the Galaxy S24 Ultra only managed to shed 2 grams compared to its predecessor, the Galaxy S23 Ultra. This can be attributed to the fact that the Galaxy S23 Ultra had a lighter aluminum frame, whereas the iPhone 14 Pro Max had a heavier steel frame.
Corning Gorilla Glass Armor for the Galaxy S24 Ultra's screen
The Galaxy S24 Ultra's screen is now protected with the Corning Gorilla Armor glass, which enables unprecedented durability and visual experience. The new material effectively reduces reflection by up to 75% in a wide range of lighting conditions, ensuring a smooth, comfortable viewing experience for users.
The Corning Gorilla Armor is engineered to provide a reliable means of safeguarding the device from everyday damage while maintaining the device's visual appeal. The use of this technology ensures the longevity of the device, and users can enjoy the device's full functionality for an extended period.
Unfortunately, this Galaxy S24 hardware improvement is exclusive to Galaxy S24 Ultra.
New 50MP 5x telephoto camera on Galaxy S24 Ultra
Samsung replaced the 10MP 10x telephoto camera on the Galaxy S23 Ultra with the new 50MP 5x telephoto camera (see Galaxy S24 layout page). This is not a downgrade, thanks to the new ProVisual Engine on Galaxy S24. Most field tests indicated the new 50MP 5x telephoto camera worked far better than the old 10x camera thanks to the increased pixels and updated software.
Galaxy S24 Ultra now has a new telephoto camera that works alongside the existing 10MP 3x telephoto camera. It natively offers optical zoom at 2x, 3x, 5x, and 10x, with improved quality.
Any thoughts or comments on Galaxy S24 hardware improvements?
If you want to share your thoughts on the Galaxy S24 hardware improvements or have any questions about the Galaxy S24 hardware, you may let us know in the comment box below.
The community will help you.
You can check other Galaxy S24 guides on this website:
- The Galaxy S24 New Features Guides section is an informative resource designed to aid users in understanding the new features and capabilities of the Galaxy S24, S24+, and S24 Ultra smartphones. These guides provide a detailed explanation of the cutting-edge features and highlight their practical applications. Additionally, the guides offer step-by-step instructions that enable users to make the most of these new features. Whether you are a casual user or a power user, the Galaxy S24 New Features Guide is an invaluable resource that will help you stay ahead of the curve in the fast-paced world of mobile technology.
- The Galaxy S24 How-to Guides offer an extensive range of guides that provide detailed guidance on how to use and personalize the Galaxy S24, S24+, and S24 Ultra devices. These comprehensive guides cover all aspects of using the Galaxy S24, S24+, and S24 Ultra, including hardware and software features, Android and One UI functionalities, and migration and sharing procedures. By referring to the Galaxy S24 How-to Guides, users can obtain a thorough understanding of the operation and customization of their Galaxy S24 devices.
- The Galaxy S24 Camera Guides section contains a comprehensive collection of how-to guides on how to effectively utilize the Galaxy S24 camera to take stunning photos and record flawless videos. Additionally, it covers the use of the photo editor on the Galaxy S24. For individuals looking to improve their photography and videography skills, this is an invaluable resource.
- The Galaxy S24 Accessories Guides section provides comprehensive guides on the use of various accessories that are designed to enhance functionality and safeguard the Galaxy S24, S24+, and S24 Ultra devices. These guides cover diverse topics, including the utilization of protective accessories and the expansion of the features and capabilities of the aforementioned devices. Additionally, this section delves into in-depth reviews of specific Galaxy S24 accessories.
- The Galaxy S24 User Manual section consists of the official Samsung Galaxy S24 user manual in PDF format. These user manuals were released by Samsung in various regions and have been compiled and organized according to the corresponding languages. It is presented in a comprehensive and structured manner, making it easier for users to access the information they need.
You can also reach us through:
Don't miss out on the latest updates, guides, tips, and tricks for the Samsung Galaxy S24 – sign up for our newsletter now!
Enjoy your Galaxy S24, S24+, or S24 Ultra.