In almost all regions, you still need a physic SIM card in Galaxy S9 0r S9+ to make calls or use mobile data connections.
Galaxy S9 SIM card guide will help you understand everything about using a SIM card in Galaxy S9 and S9+
The guide will cover the correct size of Galaxy S9 SIM card, how to use the two slots in Galaxy SIM card tray, insert or change SIM card for Galaxy S9 and S9+, change mobile network settings in Galaxy S9 and S9+, and check mobile network connection and signal strength in Galaxy S9 and S9+.
Some questions related to using Galaxy SIM card are also answered.
What is the correct size of Galaxy S9 SIM card?
Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 and S9+ use nano-SIM cards, which is the smallest SIM card you can get from your phone company.
So, if you migrated to Galaxy S9 or S9+ from any of the following phones, you can use the existing SIM card for Galaxy S9 and S9+:
- Samsung Galaxy S6, S7 and S8 and all their variants (e.g., S8+, S7 edge, S6 edge and S6 edge+).
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and Note 8.
- Any of Samsung Galaxy A series: Galaxy A3, A5, A7, A8 and A9.
- Galaxy J3 2017 and later, Galaxy J5 2017 and later, Galaxy J7 and later.
- iPhone 5, 6, 7, 8 and X (and all variants).
- Moto X (all generations).
- Pixel and Pixel XL (all generations).
- LG G5, G6 (all variants), V10, V20 and V30.
- many others phones released after 2016
If you are not sure whether your existing SIM card can be used in Galaxy S9 and S9+, please post your question in the comments box below.
We will check it for you.
You MUST use the correct size of Galaxy S9 SIM card because the slot in the Galaxy S9 SIM card tray can only hold nano-SIM cards.
In theory, there are four possible sizes of SIM cards:
- Full-sizeSIM (1FF). Full-size SIM is “giant” in size: 85.60 mm × 53.98 mm × 0.76 mm. No Android phones used it.
- Mini-SIM (2FF). Mini-SIM usually is now often referred as “big” or “normal” or “standard” SIM card in some countries. Most carriers and phone manufacturers phased out mini-SIM a few years ago. Very few Android phones in the market now use