You can not bypass or hide Galaxy S9 Home screen on your Galaxy S9 or S9+. You have to use the home screen unless you power off the phone.
Although it is not complicated, many Galaxy S9 and S9+ owners are not fully aware of all functions and features of Galaxy S9 Home screen.
This Galaxy S9 guide explains the meaning and usage of all components you may find in the Home screen of Galaxy S9 and S9+. The differences between apps screen and home screen were also detailed.
What is Galaxy S9 Home screen?
Like all other Android phones, Galaxy S9 home screen, by default, is the first screen after you unlock Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9+.
You can start apps, access notifications, check the phone status, use widgets, open edge screen in Galaxy S9 Home screen, which is the centre (home) of your Galaxy S9 and S9+.
Generally speaking, in Galaxy S9 and S9+, you have 4 types of pages:
- Lock screen. You need to unlock the phone before you can use Galaxy S9 ort S9+. Always-on display screen usually is considered as a special lock screen overlayed over Galaxy S9 lock screen.
- Home screen. The centre or starting screen of Galaxy S9 and S9+. It is the home of select apps and widgets.
- Apps screen. Galaxy S9 apps screen is a special home screen. It is an app drawer for all apps on Galaxy S9 and S9+.
- Individual apps.
Besides, edge screen on Galaxy S9 and S9+ is enabled by default. You may check this guide on how to use Galaxy S9 edge screen.
You will have to use Galaxy S9 Home screen if you use Galaxy S9 or S9+. There are no alternatives. You cannot bypass it.
How to access Galaxy S9 Home screen?
Galaxy S9 and S9+ are protected by Galaxy S9 lock screen to prevent unauthorized access to your apps and data. Galaxy S9 home screen is always “behind” the lock screen.
In other words, you can access Galaxy S9 Home screen only after you unlock the phone.
You can access Galaxy S9 Home screen in many ways:
- After unlocking Galaxy S9 or S9+, you should get Galaxy S9 home screen directly.
- When you are using any apps, tap the Home button in Galaxy S9 navigation bar to access the Home screen directly.
- When you are using any