Introduction: You can customize the sound mode and vibration on Galaxy S23 to avoid unnecessary sound or vibration alerts. Ringtones and notification tones can be customized for an individual contact or individual app.
Table of Contents
- Sounds and Vibration Options
- Sound quality and effects
- Separate app sound
- Other Galaxy S23 Online User Manual pages
Sounds and Vibration Options
Change settings for various sounds on the device.
On the Settings screen, tap Sounds and vibration.
- Sound / Vibrate / Mute: Set the device to use sound mode, vibration mode, or silent mode.
- Vibrate while ringing: Set the device to vibrate and play a ringtone for incoming calls.
- Temporary mute: Set the device to use silent mode for a certain period.
- Ringtone: Change the call ringtone. Please check this guide on how to customize ringtones on Galaxy S23 and how to use your own music files as ringtones on Galaxy S23.
- Notification sound: Change the notification sound.
- System sound: Change the sound to use for certain actions, such as charging the device.
- Volume: Adjust the device’s volume level.
- Call vibration: Change the call vibration settings.
- Notification vibration: Change the notification vibration settings.
- System vibration: Set the device to vibrate for actions, such as controlling the touch screen.
- Vibration intensity: Adjust the force of the vibration notification.
- Sound quality and effects: Set the device’s sound quality and effects. Refer to Sound quality and effects for more information.
- Separate app sound: Set the device to play media sound from a specific app separately on the other audio device. Refer to Separate app sound for more information.
Some features may not be available depending on the model.
Sound quality and effects
Set the device’s sound quality and effects. You can find additional options in Galaxy S23 developer options.
On the Settings screen, tap Sounds and vibration → Sound quality and effects.
- Dolby Atmos: Select a surround sound mode optimised for various types of audio, such as movies, music, and voice. With Dolby Atmos, you can experience moving audio sounds that flow all around you.
- Dolby Atmos for gaming: Experience the Dolby Atmos sound optimised for games while playing games.
- Equaliser: Select an option for a specific music genre and enjoy optimised sound.
- UHQ upscaler: Enhance the sound resolution of music and videos when using wired headphones.
- Adapt sound: Set the best sound for you.
Depending on the model, you must connect headphones to use some features.
Separate app sound
Set the device to play media sound from a specific app on the connected Bluetooth speaker or headset.
For example, you can listen to the Navigation app through your device’s speaker while listening to playback from the Music app through the vehicle’s Bluetooth speaker.
- On the Settings screen, tap Sounds and vibration → Separate app sound and tap the switch to turn it on.
- Select an app to play media sounds separately and tap the Back button.
- Select a device for playing the selected app’s media sound.
Other Galaxy S23 Online User Manual pages
Pages also in this part:
List of all pages of Galaxy S23 Online User Manual:
You may check other Galaxy S23 guides organized in the following 4 sections.
- Galaxy S23 new features guides. Galaxy S23 new features guides explain the new features of Galaxy S23 and show you how to use them. New features in the One UI 6 (Android 14) update are also covered in this section.
- Galaxy S23 how-to guides. Galaxy S23 how-to guides show you how to use and customize Galaxy S23, S23+, and S23 Ultra to meet your needs.
- Galaxy S23 camera guides. Galaxy S23 camera guides show you how to use Galaxy S23 camera features to shoot the best photos and videos with the top-notch camera system in Galaxy S23, S23+, and S23 Ultra. The new camera features in the One UI 6 (Android 14) update are also covered.
- Galaxy S23 accessories guides. Galaxy S23 accessories guides explore useful Galaxy S23 accessories and show you how to use them to protect your phone or increase your productivity (or fun).
Besides, you can read and download (in PDF format) the official Galaxy S23 user manual (including the updated Galaxy S23 user manual for Android 14 (One UI 6).
In addition to the comment box below, you can also reach us through the following channels:
Do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest Tips and tricks on Galaxy S23.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Enjoy your Galaxy S23!