Introduction: Galaxy S23 device care feature provides an overview of the status of your device’s battery, storage, memory, and system security. You can also optimise the device and enable the maintenance mode.
- Optimising your device
- Device protection
- Auto optimisation
- Software update
- Maintenance mode
- Other Galaxy S23 Online User Manual pages
Optimising your device
On the Settings screen, tap Battery and device care → Optimise now.
The quick optimisation feature improves device performance through the following actions.
- Closing apps running in the background.
- Managing abnormal battery usage.
- Scanning for crashed apps and malware.
Check the remaining battery power and time to use the device. For devices with low battery levels, conserve battery power by turning on power saving features.
You can also quickly check battery level with the battery level status icon.
On the Settings screen, tap Battery and device care → Battery.
- Power saving: Turn on power saving mode to extend the battery’s usage time.
- Background usage limits: Limit battery usage for apps that you do not use often.
- Wireless power sharing: Charge another device with your phone’s battery. Refer to Wireless power sharing for more information.
- More battery settings: Configure advanced settings for the battery.
- The usage time left shows the time remaining before the battery power runs out. Usage time left may vary depending on your device settings and operating conditions.
- You might not receive notifications from some apps that use power saving mode.
- You can charge Galaxy S23 battery properly and enable Protect Battery to extend the battery lifespan.
Check the status of the used and available storage, including connected external storage.
On the Settings screen, tap Battery and device care → Storage. To delete files or uninstall apps that you do not use anymore, select a category. Then, touch and hold, or select, an item and tap Delete or Uninstall.
- The actual available capacity of the internal storage is less than the specified capacity because the operating system and default apps occupy part of the storage. The available capacity may change when you update the device.
- You can check the available capacity of the internal storage in the Specification section for your device on the Samsung website.
On the Settings screen, tap Battery and device care → Memory.
To speed up your device by stopping apps running in the background, tick apps from the apps list, and tap Clean now.
Check the device’s security status. This feature scans your device for malware.
On the Settings screen, tap Battery and device care → Device protection → Scan phone.
You can set the device to perform auto optimisation when your device is not in use.
On the Settings screen, tap Battery and device care → Auto optimisation and tap the Restart when needed switch to turn it on.
Update your device’s software through the firmware over-the-air (FOTA) service. You can also schedule software updates.
On the Settings screen, tap Battery and device care → Software update.
Test your device using Samsung Members.
On the Settings screen, tap Battery and device care → Diagnostics. Select an item to test or tap Test all to test all items.
Turn on maintenance mode to protect your privacy while someone else is using your device, such as when you send it for repairs.
On the Settings screen, tap Battery and device care → Maintenance mode → Turn on.
Please follow this guide on when and how to use the Maintenance Mode on Galaxy S23.
Other Galaxy S23 Online User Manual pages
Pages also in this part:
List of all pages of Galaxy S23 Online User Manual:
You may check other Galaxy S23 guides organized in the following 4 sections.
- Galaxy S23 new features guides. Galaxy S23 new features guides explain the new features of Galaxy S23 and show you how to use them.
- Galaxy S23 how-to guides. Galaxy S23 how-to guides show you how to use and customize Galaxy S23, S23+, and S23 Ultra to meet your needs.
- Galaxy S23 camera guides. Galaxy S23 camera guides show you how to use Galaxy S23 camera features to shoot the best photos and videos with the top-notch camera system in Galaxy S23, S23+, and S23 Ultra.
- Galaxy S23 accessories guides. Galaxy S23 accessories guides explore useful Galaxy S23 accessories and show you how to use them to protect your phone or increase your productivity (or fun).
Besides, you can read and download (in PDF format) the official Galaxy S23 user manual.
In addition to the comment box below, you can also reach us through the following channels:
Do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest Tips & Tricks on Galaxy S23.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Enjoy your Galaxy S23!