Introduction: You need to use the Contacts app to manage your contacts, which can be synced among your devices if set up properly. You may use groups to help you organize contacts. Contacts can also be accessed from the Phone app and Messages app.
Create new contacts or manage contacts on the device.
- Adding contacts
- Searching for contacts
- Deleting contacts
- Sharing contacts
- Creating groups
- Merging duplicate contacts
- Other Galaxy S23 Online User Manual pages
Creating a new contact
- Open the Contacts app and tap .
- Select a storage location.
- Enter contact information and tap Save.
Add contacts by importing them from other storages to your device.
- Open the Contacts app and tap → Manage contacts → Import contacts.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to import contacts.
Syncing contacts with your web accounts
Sync your device contacts with online contacts saved in your web accounts, such as your Samsung account.
- Open Settings, tap Accounts and backup → Manage accounts and select the account to sync with.
- Tap Sync account and tap the Contacts switch to turn it on.
Searching for contacts
Open the Contacts app. Tap at the top of the contacts list and enter search criteria.
Tap the contact. Then take one of the following actions:
- : Make a voice call.
- : Compose a message.
- / : Make a video call.
- : Compose an email.
- Open the Contacts app and tap
- Select contacts and tap Delete.
To delete contacts one by one, tap a contact from the contacts list and tap More → Delete.
You can share contacts with others by using various sharing options.
- Open the Contacts app and tap → Edit.
- Select contacts and tap Share.
- Select a sharing method.
You can add groups, such as family or friends, and manage contacts by group.
- Open the Contacts app and tap → Groups → Create group.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a group.
Merging duplicate contacts
If your contacts list includes duplicate contacts, merge them into one to streamline your contacts list.
- Open the Contacts app and tap → Manage contacts → Merge contacts.
- Tick contacts and tap Merge.
Other Galaxy S23 Online User Manual pages
Pages also in this part:
List of all pages of Galaxy S23 Online User Manual:
You may check other Galaxy S23 guides organized in the following 4 sections.
- Galaxy S23 new features guides. Galaxy S23 new features guides explain the new features of Galaxy S23 and show you how to use them.
- Galaxy S23 how-to guides. Galaxy S23 how-to guides show you how to use and customize Galaxy S23, S23+, and S23 Ultra to meet your needs.
- Galaxy S23 camera guides. Galaxy S23 camera guides show you how to use Galaxy S23 camera features to shoot the best photos and videos with the top-notch camera system in Galaxy S23, S23+, and S23 Ultra.
- Galaxy S23 accessories guides. Galaxy S23 accessories guides explore useful Galaxy S23 accessories and show you how to use them to protect your phone or increase your productivity (or fun).
Besides, you can read and download (in PDF format) the official Galaxy S23 user manual.
In addition to the comment box below, you can also reach us through the following channels:
Do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest Tips & Tricks on Galaxy S23.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Enjoy your Galaxy S23!