Introduction: The notification panel is an important part of Galaxy S23. You can get timely alerts and notifications so that you can take proper action. Besides, Quick Settings and a shortcut to brightness control are also accessible from the notification panel to make you more productive.
When you receive new notifications, indicator icons appear on the status bar. To check out more information about the icons, open the notification panel and check the details.
Table of Contents
- Access notification panel
- Using quick setting buttons
- Controlling media playback
- Controlling nearby devices
- Other Galaxy S23 Online User Manual pages
Access notification panel
To open the notification panel, drag the status bar downwards. To close the notification panel, swipe upwards on the screen.
You can use the following functions on the notification panel.
- Quick setting buttons
- Open Settings.
- Control connected nearby devices Control media on your phone and and SmartThings devices and connected nearby devices.
- Clear all notifications. Check the notification details and perform various actions.
- Access the notification settings.
Using quick setting buttons
Tap quick setting buttons to turn on certain features. Swipe downwards on the notification panel to access more buttons. To add more buttons, tap
With the Android 14 update (One UI 6) for Galaxy S23, S22, and S21, you can swipe down from the top right of the status bar to instantly access the quick settings panel without going through the notification panel, as explained in this guide.
To change feature settings, tap the text under each button. To access more detailed settings, touch and hold a button.
To rearrange buttons, tap → Edit buttons, drag a button to another location.
Controlling media playback
Control media on your phone and connected nearby devices on the notification panel.
- Open the notification panel and tap Media output.
- Tap the icons on the controller to control the playback.
Controlling nearby devices
Launch and take control of nearby connected devices and frequently used SmartThings devices and scenes on the notification panel.
- Open the notification panel and tap Device control. Nearby connected devices and SmartThings devices and scenes will appear.
- Select a nearby device or a SmartThings device to control it, or select a scene to launch it.
Other Galaxy S23 Online User Manual pages
Pages also in this part:
List of all pages of Galaxy S23 Online User Manual:
You may check other Galaxy S23 guides organized in the following 4 sections.
- Galaxy S23 new features guides. Galaxy S23 new features guides explain the new features of Galaxy S23 and show you how to use them. New features in the One UI 6 (Android 14) update are also covered in this section.
- Galaxy S23 how-to guides. Galaxy S23 how-to guides show you how to use and customize Galaxy S23, S23+, and S23 Ultra to meet your needs.
- Galaxy S23 camera guides. Galaxy S23 camera guides show you how to use Galaxy S23 camera features to shoot the best photos and videos with the top-notch camera system in Galaxy S23, S23+, and S23 Ultra. The new camera features in the One UI 6 (Android 14) update are also covered.
- Galaxy S23 accessories guides. Galaxy S23 accessories guides explore useful Galaxy S23 accessories and show you how to use them to protect your phone or increase your productivity (or fun).
Besides, you can read and download (in PDF format) the official Galaxy S23 user manual (including the updated Galaxy S23 user manual for Android 14 (One UI 6).
In addition to the comment box below, you can also reach us through the following channels:
Do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest Tips and tricks on Galaxy S23.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Enjoy your Galaxy S23!