Please read this manual when using the device to ensure safe and proper use.
- Descriptions are based on the device’s default settings.
- Some content may differ from your device depending on the region, service provider, model specifications, or device’s software.
- The device may require a connection to a Wi-Fi or mobile network when using some apps or features.
- Content (high quality content) that requires high CPU and memory usage will affect the overall performance of the device. Apps related to the content may not work properly depending on the device’s specifications and the environment that it is used in.
- Samsung is not liable for performance issues caused by apps supplied by providers other than Samsung.
- Samsung is not liable for performance issues or incompatibilities caused by edited registry settings or modified operating system software. Attempting to customise the operating system may cause the device or apps to work improperly.
- Software, sound sources, wallpapers, images, and other media provided with this device are licensed for limited use. Extracting and using these materials for commercial or other purposes is an infringement of copyright laws. Users are entirely responsible for illegal use of media.
- You may incur additional charges for data services, such as messaging, uploading and downloading, auto-syncing, or using location services depending on your data plan. For large data transfers, it is recommended to use the Wi-Fi feature.
- Default apps that come with the device are subject to updates and may no longer be supported without prior notice.
- Modifying the device’s operating system or installing software from unofficial sources may result in device malfunctions and data damage or loss. These actions are violations of your Samsung licence agreement and will void your warranty.
- You can see the touch screen clearly even in strong outdoor sunlight by automatically adjusting the contrast range based on the surrounding environment. Because of the nature of the product, displaying fixed graphics for extended periods may result in afterimages (screen burn-in) or ghosting.
- It is recommended not to use fixed graphics on part or all of the touch screen for extended periods and turn off the touch screen when not using the device.
- You can set the touch screen to turn off automatically when you are not using it. Open Settings, tap Display → Screen timeout, and then select the length of time you want the device to wait before turning off the touch screen.
- To set the touch screen to automatically adjust its brightness based on the surrounding environment, open Settings, tap Display, and then tap the Adaptive brightness switch to turn it on.
- Depending on the region or model, some devices are required to receive approval from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
If your device is approved by the FCC, you can check out the FCC ID of the device. To access the FCC ID, open Settings and tap About phone → Status information. If your device does not have an FCC ID, it means that the device has not been authorised for sale in the U.S. or its territories and may only be brought to the U.S. for the owner’s personal use.
- The use of ultra-wideband (UWB) transmitters is prohibited when aboard an aeroplane or ship. When you turn on flight mode, the UWB feature will be turned off. (Galaxy S23 Ultra, Galaxy S23+)
- The use of ultra-wideband (UWB) transmitters is prohibited when turned on within a nominated distance of a specified Australian radio astronomy site. (Check the Radio communications Class Licence 2015 published by the Australian Communications and Media Authority for further details). (Galaxy S23 Ultra, Galaxy S23+)
- Depending on the region, you can check out the regulatory information on the device. To access the information, open Settings and tap About phone → Regulatory information.
- The bandwidths supported by the device may vary depending on the region or carrier.
- 5G network availability may vary depending on the country, network provider, and user environment.
- Your device contains magnets. Keep it away from credit cards, implanted medical devices, and other devices that may be affected by magnets. In the case of medical devices, keep your device more than 15 cm apart. Stop using your device if you suspect any interference with your medical device and consult your physician or your medical device manufacturer.
Warning: situations that could cause injury to yourself or others
Caution: situations that could cause damage to your device or other equipment
Notice: notes, usage tips, or additional information
Other Galaxy S23 Online User Manual pages
Pages also in this part:
List of all pages of Galaxy S23 Online User Manual:
You may check other Galaxy S23 guides organized in the following 4 sections.
- Galaxy S23 new features guides. Galaxy S23 new features guides explain the new features of Galaxy S23 and show you how to use them.
- Galaxy S23 how-to guides. Galaxy S23 how-to guides show you how to use and customize Galaxy S23, S23+, and S23 Ultra to meet your needs.
- Galaxy S23 camera guides. Galaxy S23 camera guides show you how to use Galaxy S23 camera features to shoot the best photos and videos with the top-notch camera system in Galaxy S23, S23+, and S23 Ultra.
- Galaxy S23 accessories guides. Galaxy S23 accessories guides explore useful Galaxy S23 accessories and show you how to use them to protect your phone or increase your productivity (or fun).
Besides, you can read and download (in PDF format) the official Galaxy S23 user manual.
In addition to the comment box below, you can also reach us through the following channels:
Do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest Tips & Tricks on Galaxy S23.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Enjoy your Galaxy S23!