Introduction: Samsung Wallet is a confusing app on Galaxy S23. It is not Samsung Pay. But it has payment features. The most useful feature of Samsung Wallet is saving digital keys.
Use various convenient features in Samsung Wallet. You can make a payment, verify your identity through your biometric data, check tickets or boarding passes, and more.
- Making payments
- Verifying identity
- Using tickets
- Using a digital key
- Other Galaxy S23 Online User Manual pages
Open the Samsung Wallet app and select a feature you want.
- This app may not be available depending on the region.
- Some features may not be available depending on the region.
Register cards to Samsung Pay to make both online and offline payments. Refer to Samsung Pay for more information.
Register your biometric data to Samsung Pass and verify your identity when using services which require your login or personal information. Refer to Samsung Pass for more information.
Add boarding passes and tickets for movies, sports, and more, to access and use them in one place.
Using a digital key
Register your vehicle’s digital key to your phone so you can unlock or lock the vehicle’s door and start the vehicle.
Start registering a digital key by installing your vehicle’s digital key app or using the guide message, such as an email or text message, sent by your vehicle’s manufacturer. Then, follow the on-screen instructions on your vehicle’s navigation screen and your phone’s Samsung Wallet screen to complete the registration.
- This feature may not be available depending on the region or model.
- To use this feature, the vehicle must support the digital key feature. Check with your vehicle’s manufacturer for digital key support.
- The registered digital key is only saved to your phone and, if the phone is replaced, the digital key must be registered again.
- Some features may not be available depending on the vehicle. Check with your vehicle’s manufacturer for more information.
Using a digital key with the NFC feature
Touch the NFC antenna area (see Galaxy S23 layout) of the phone with the digital key registered to the vehicle’s door. The door will unlock or lock.
After you place the phone on the vehicle’s wireless charging pad and the digital key is authenticated, you can start the vehicle using the start button.
• To use this feature, the phone and vehicle must support the NFC feature.
- To turn on the NFC feature on the phone, open Settings, tap Connections → NFC and contactless payments, and then tap the switch to turn it on.
- To find out the location of the wireless charging pad and which of your vehicle’s doors support NFC, refer to your vehicle’s user manual.
Using a digital key with ultra-wideband (UWB) (Galaxy S23 Ultra, Galaxy S23+)
The vehicle’s door will unlock when you get close to the vehicle with your phone, and will lock when you move away.
After the digital key is authenticated when you get inside the vehicle, you can start the vehicle using the start button.
- To use this feature, the phone and vehicle must support both the Bluetooth and UWB features. Open Settings, tap Connections, and then tap the Bluetooth switch and the Ultra-wideband (UWB) switch to turn them on.
- If the vehicle supports both the NFC and UWB features, you can choose the method you want. Refer to your vehicle’s user manual for more information.
- The UWB feature may not be available depending on the region.
- The door unlock and lock methods may differ depending on the vehicle. Check with your vehicle’s manufacturer for more information.
- Using this feature will increase battery consumption.
Deleting the digital key
You can delete the registered digital key from your phone.
Open the Samsung Wallet app, tap the registered digital key, and then tap → Delete.
Other Galaxy S23 Online User Manual pages
Pages also in this part:
List of all pages of Galaxy S23 Online User Manual:
You may check other Galaxy S23 guides organized in the following 4 sections.
- Galaxy S23 new features guides. Galaxy S23 new features guides explain the new features of Galaxy S23 and show you how to use them.
- Galaxy S23 how-to guides. Galaxy S23 how-to guides show you how to use and customize Galaxy S23, S23+, and S23 Ultra to meet your needs.
- Galaxy S23 camera guides. Galaxy S23 camera guides show you how to use Galaxy S23 camera features to shoot the best photos and videos with the top-notch camera system in Galaxy S23, S23+, and S23 Ultra.
- Galaxy S23 accessories guides. Galaxy S23 accessories guides explore useful Galaxy S23 accessories and show you how to use them to protect your phone or increase your productivity (or fun).
Besides, you can read and download (in PDF format) the official Galaxy S23 user manual.
In addition to the comment box below, you can also reach us through the following channels:
Do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest Tips & Tricks on Galaxy S23.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Enjoy your Galaxy S23!