This Galaxy S20 guide explains what Galaxy S20 Assistant Menu is, what it can do, how to enable, use and customize it, and how to use Assistant Plus to get even more from the Assistant Menu on Galaxy S20.
As Assistant Menu is more or less universal on all Samsung Galaxy phones, this guide applies to other Samsung Galaxy phones as well.
What is Galaxy S20 Assistant Menu?
Samsung Galaxy S20 Assistant Menu, a semi-transparent floating button overlayed on the phone screen, was initially designed for owners who need assistance for motor control and other physical impairments.
But it has been used by many seasoned Samsung phone owners to get faster access to some functions and features.
You may find the Assistant Menu very handy if you get used to it. It is more than an accessibility feature: it is also a productivity feature.
What can Samsung Galaxy S20 Assistant Menu do?
With Galaxy S20 Assistant Menu, you can:
- Access navigation buttons regardless of the navigation method (navigation gestures or navigation buttons) you are using.
- Access power button option (power menu). You can power off or restart the phone without using the power button (side key). You can also invoke emergency mode or lockdown mode for Galaxy S20. You may use it to power off the phone, then boot into Galaxy S20 safe mode or Galaxy S20 recovery mode. Please refer to this guide on how to enable and activate Galaxy S20 lockdown mode.
- Access notification panel. You can access notification panel by tapping the button in the Assistant Menu, instead of swiping down from the top of the screen.
- Add a touchpad on the screen and use a cursor to navigate to anywhere of the screen.
- Add a circle touchpad (page control) to scroll up and down and to navigate among pages (panels).
- Adjust volumes.
- Turn off the screen.
- Take a screenshot.
- Adjust screen brightness.
- Rotate the screen.
- Use a magnifier on the screen.
- Open Bixby.
- Talk to Bixby.
- Send SOS