When you get your Galaxy S8 or S8+, you may want to transfer data from old device to S8 or S8+.
This guide explains to you what data can be transferred, what data cannot be transferred, and how to transfer data from old device to Galaxy S8 and S8+ in different ways: with USB cable, through wireless connection (WiFi direct), through a PC, or through Samsung cloud.
What data can be transferred? What data cannot be transferred?
Before migrating to Galaxy S8 or S8+, it is important to know what can be transferred, and what cannot.
In this guide, we are going to use Samsung Smart Switch, which was pre-installed in Galaxy S8 and S8+, to migrate or transfer data from old device to Galaxy S8 or S8+.
Your old device was very likely pre-installed with Smart Switch if it is newer than Galaxy S6 (for example, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy 6 edge plus, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, and many other Galaxy devices released in last 2 years).
Basically, you can transfer almost everything from old device to Galaxy S8 and S8+.
The data can be transferred from old device to Galaxy S8 and S8+ include:
- Samsung Calendar (S Planner) events;
- Call logs;
- Alarms and world clock settings (if you are using Samsung clock app);
- Internet (browser) app settings (only for Samsung’s browser app);
- Email account settings (only for Samsung Email app);
- S Health (Samsung Health) settings;
- Apps. Apps from all sources including Play store, Amazon appstore, Galaxy Apps, can be transferred.
- App data of most