Noise cancelling headphones were initially enjoyed by some frequent travelers. Such magic headphones can give you a quiet journey in the airplane without using the uncomfortable earplug. You can enjoy the music in a quieter condition at the same time with a noise cancelling headphone.
Now, more and more urban commuters find noise cancelling headphone a necessity.
Active noise cancelling headphones can effectively cancel out annoying low-frequency noises and bring you a quiet environment in an airplane, in the subway, or simply in office.
Active noise cancelling (ANC) is different from noise blocking.
As explained in the differences among in-ear, on-ear and over-ear headphones, all headphones can block certain ambient sound (not just low-frequency noise) physically. An extreme example of such physical blocking is ear muffs used in shooting. Some in-ear headphones may seal the air inside your ear, but most of them are not effective. Over-ear headphones can offer better noise blocking depending on the design.
On the other hand, active noise cancelling headphones can “filter” or cancel the ambient low-frequency noise, which is the most annoying and disturbing portion of ambient sound. An ANC unit can generate a “negative” sound wave to cancel the ambient noise. And the result is that you get music without the ambient noise. Most active noise cancelling headphones in the market can cancel up to 80-95% ambient noise.
So, if you travel a lot, or use public transport frequently, or work in a noisy office, you will find out that a noise cancelling headphone can be your lifesaver.
But a lot of headphone users are not fully understand the benefits of active noise cancelling headphones. They need some detailed guides showing how to get the best headphone with active noise cancelling within their budget.
Some noise cancelling headphone owners may be still confused on the features in these headphones with ANC.
So, we created this noise cancelling headphone guides section to explain to you how ANC works, how to choose a active noise cancelling headphone, and how to use noise cancelling headphones.
Please note, active noise cancelling is a sound technology which can be used in all types of headphones.
List of noise cancelling headphone guides
More noise cancelling headphone guides are added regularly. So, this is a dynamics page. The list will be updated once new guides are released.
Here is the list of published and coming-soon noise cancelling headphone guides.
2. How to use active noise cancelling headphones?
3. How to choose an active noise cancelling headphone?
4. The top 5 noise cancelling headphones in 2017 under $100
5. The top 5 noise cancelling headphones in 2017 under $200
6. The best noise cancelling headphones in 2017
7. Review of noise cancelling headphones
8. and many more …….
Other headphone guides
In addition to noise cancelling headphone guides listed in this page for headphones with ANC, you may check other specialized headphone guides:
- Headphone 101. You can find detailed explanations on features, technologies and usages of headphones.
- Bluetooth headphone guides. You can find detailed guides on how to choose a Bluetooth headphone, how Bluetooth headphone works, and how to pair and use Bluetooth headphones.
- Sports headphone guides. If you are considering a headphone for sports, or if you have any questions on sports headphones, you can find answers and guides there.
- AirPods guide. You can find alternatives and accessories for AirPods in this section.
Do you have any questions on noise cancelling headphones?
If you have any questions on noise cancelling headphones, or if you encounter any problems on using active noise cancelling headphones, please leave your question in the comment box below.
You can also post your questions in our Facebook page.
The community will help you get the answer.