Although Apple touted AirPods as the futuristic wireless headphone, they are essentially a pair of Bluetooth headphones.
Of course AirPods have a few special (but not revolutionary) features, including:
- The left and right pods are synced individually with iPhone.
- You can double tap any of the AirPods to activate Siri voice assistant.
- Optical sensor detects whether the AirPods are in your ear, and therefore AirPods can pause the play automatically once they are removed from your ears.
- Simple paring with iPhone.
- Noise cancelling for the microphone input.
These may sound great for Apple fanboys.
The problems with AirPods are equally obvious, for example,
- It is overpriced for the sound quality. Many Bluetooth in-ear headphones can offer batter sound quality.
- There is no active noise cancelling (ANC). Noise cancelling touted by Apple is for the microphone input.
- Easy to lose.
- No volume control.
- No play control.
- It is designed for iPhone. Although you can pair AirPods with Android devices as a normal Bluetooth headphone, they are usually inferior to many cheaper Bluetooth headphones in Android devices.
In short, AirPods are just a paid of Bluetooth in-ear headphones with a few features for iPhone.
If you are an iPhone user, you may consider AirPods. You should get an Bluetooth headphone for your iPhone anyway as Apple already started to removed the 3.5mm audio jack. Wired headphones with lightning connector usually are the least choice.
But if you an Android user, or if you are not happy with the AirPods, there are many alternatives.
This AirPods guide section were created:
- to help you use AirPods;
- to guide you choose alternatives for AirPods;
- to review and explore the accessories for AirPods.
We hope you can find guides in this AirPods guide section helpful.
List of AirPods Guides
Regularly, new guides are added. Therefore, this is a live page for AirPod guides.
If you cannot find the AirPods guide you need, or if you have any questions on AirPods, please do not hesitate to post your questions in the comment box below.
We will find the answer for you as fast as we can. A new AirPods guide may also be released to address your issue.
Here is the list of available and coming-soon AirPods guides.
1. How AirPods work?
2. How to use AirPods on Android phones?
3. Top 5 alternatives to AirPods
4. AirPods accessories guide
5. Common problems of AirPods and the solutions
6. and many more…….
Other headphone guides
In addition to AirPods guides listed in this page, there are a few other specialized headphone guides:
- Headphone 101. You can find detailed explanations on features, technologies and usages of headphones.
- Bluetooth headphone guides. You can find detailed guides on how to choose a Bluetooth headphone, how Bluetooth headphone works, and how to pair and use Bluetooth headphones.
- Noise canceling headphone guides. This is a dedicated section for active noise cancelling headphones. You can find everything about noise cancelling headphones.
- Sports headphone guides. If you are considering a headphone for sports, or if you have any questions on sports headphones, you can find answers and guides there.
Do you have any questions on AirPods?
If you have any questions on AirPods, or if you encounter any problems on using AirPods, please leave your question in the comment box below.
You can also post your questions in our Facebook page.
The community will help you get the answer.